Monday, March 27, 2006

University Council

Tomorrow I'm discussing ASU's technology strategy at a meeting of the University Council. With luck, I'll be in a position to podcast it.

In the meantime, here's a link to a draft of the presentation. Real homespun graphics. Note the two small arrows at the upper left and upper right to move forward and backward. There are also some short presentation notes beneath each slide.
Readers of my blog and the TechPlan wiki won't find any surprises here I don't think, but this is the 20 minute version of where I think we're headed.
As interesting to some is what I won't be covering in tomorrow's meeting, namely a new organization diagram for central IT. I'm planning on discussing the details of that reorganization at an All-IT meeting on the 12th of April. Details to follow.

4 comments:

lseder,  April 18, 2006 at 5:52 AM  

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this ... That said, there have been a great many things stated with regards to a new IT, the new American University, etc. On a less elevated plan, I am curious about the following;

I'm a TSA Coordinator with approximately 25 years technical experience. I also truly enjoy working at ASU. Today I handle Remedy ARS and other database activities. I am re-examining my technical skills and seek to enhance them and am seeking feedback. Based on your vision, with DB's and Web work being outsourced, what type of technical skills will be of the greatest use to the University in the coming years. Thanks, in advance, for your time!

rrmaher May 2, 2006 at 3:44 AM  

Apparently comments are not allowed after all. I jumped through all the hoops to register (btw, what if someone wants to comment that does not go to ASU or does not have a asurite id? so much for accessibility), I posted in accordance with general comment guidelines, and yet my comment has been stuck in moderation for almost 2 weeks. God help me if my computer breaks with this service level. Sad.

RickMaher.com May 3, 2006 at 8:09 PM  

Blogs Are Not Press Releases...

My Saga of Commenting on ASU President Michael Crow's and ASU UTO Adrian Sannier's Blogs and My Efforts to Find Out Why My Comments Were Held Up for Over a Week First let me start off by explaining my assumptions.......

Gene,  May 11, 2006 at 4:54 AM  

Almost two months with nothing new. I’m salivating about our next step together.

I’m keeping the faith.

“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.